Springboard has now reached the milestone 1.0 release. It embodies my initial vision for a tool for making storyboards and animatics, easily and fluidly.
Is it finished? Not by a long shot. But it's ready to enter a more mature phase of life.
New features in this version:
- Export Wave audio.
- Rotate layers more intuitively, support multiple rotations, and show the angle numerically while rotating.
- Undo for Layer > Inflate, Layer > Merge Down, Layer > Merge Contained Layers.
- After converting a layer to full-color, the color picker isn't activated until you select a different layer and then switch back.
- Vector layers can't be animated yet, but the keys shown on the animation timeline aren't erased when a vector layer is selected.
- Changing the current drawing color clears the undo stack.
- New Layer, then undo, then undo a second time causes an exception.
- Inflate and Deflate need to adjust all keys in the current frame, both for the current layer and all its child layers.
- Pressing Del would delete something even if Edit > Delete was disabled.
- Redo Fill Layer raises an exception.